Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New workout routine

In order to properly prepare for an outbreak of any sort of monsters, or any sort of apocalypse, I must train my body to become strong!

But in all seriousness, I have always been pretty slim and fit, but I'm still dreadfully weak. Now that my Summer and most of my Fall is going to be free, it's time for a newer, stricter, workout routine!

Workout Routine:

Mondays: Biceps, triceps, chest, and abs.
Tuesdays: Shoulders, traps, back, and abs.
Wednesdays: Legs, and abs.
Thursdays: Abs. Mostly a day of rest, though.
Fridays: Biceps, triceps, and abs.
Saturdays: Shoulders, traps, back, and abs.
Sundays: Legs, and abs. Less strict these days, though, a bit more rest.

I have also started jogging about three to five times a week in the early evenings with my dogs. Rule #1 of Zombieland: Cardio.

This workout routine keeps me from overtraining, which anyone can do easily. I had been overtraining a couple parts of my body for a while now, and have finally stopped. It also ensures my whole body get exercised. Lord knows my legs are weak and pathetic.

On top of all of that, I am by far eating much healthier. I'm actually drinking lots of water, in fact mostly water everyday. When I snack late I night, I snack on healthy things like fruits and veggies....most of the time....I have almost replaced normal milk with Silk brand coconut milk, except for cooking and cereal. That stuff has more calcium than milk, less calories, and tastes just great!

I am currently on day 5 of my new workout routine, having started on Thursday, 7/7/11. But, I have been continuing my new healthy "diet" for the past three weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, found you from askscooby. I saw your post about fencing. As a fencing enthusiast who takes strength training seriously I thought I would contact you. Try to get hooked up with Starting Strength or Stronglifts, they will create much more functional strength than a body building split. Also, the epee WAS a real weapon and a fencing uniform of FIE quality is totally zombie-bite proof except for the socks, also light and easy to move in! Check out BlackIronEpee on blogspot.

    ReplyDelete